Thursday, January 1, 2009

new year and a new life

Today is the first day of year 2009, and after a heavy dose of macaroni salad coupled with chocolate cake--as far as I'm concerned--my day is done. Not that food easily lifts my spirits; perhaps a plate of sweet servings should complement an energetic mind especially at this very moment when an individual decides to shift the course of his or her life.

The shifting of one's life never gets too far, though. The feeling somehow manages to fade away with the food or with the sensation it brings along. But because it is a lovely feeling to have recharged willpower and because humans have yet to face 365 full days before another start, I resolve to fill myself with positive plans to live a better life.

The previous year had been full of memories: sets of photographs, a number of good books, an imaginary list of fast food chains, enough heartaches, short trips, coffee shops and coffee, devastating failures, a whole lifetime of homework, internship, exciting movies, laughter and tears altogether. Wonderful, but I wouldn't mind looking forward for another round of priceless moments.

I'm not too optimistic, am I? The clock is forever ticking and I have got to start somewhere.

Merry new year, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment